AudioControl Load Generating Device & Signal Stabilizer
Today’s factory systems include more Class D amplifier technology which can mute, distort or emit damaging frequencies to your new aftermarket audio equipment when the factory speakers are removed. Using carefully selected resistors and a Zobel Network, the AC-LGD has been designed to generate load and stabilize signal from the factory system to ensure the best possible audio.
The LGDs come in pairs and can be easily connected to your AudioControl Factory System Upgrade product with the pre-wired connectors. The LGD is installed between the factory speaker outputs and your line output converter or speaker level inputs on your amp or processor. Each LGD pair comes with standard wire colors for front and rear connections.
When do I use the AudioControl LGD?
When you have a late model vehicle with D Class amplifier (Build-in or external).
Some examples are the:
Ford SYNC Radio
Ford Ranger, Ford Everest, Ford Focus, Ford Transit, Ford Fiesta, Ford Falcon FG
General Motors MYLINK Radio
Holden Commodore VE Series 2 / VF, Holden Cruze, Holden Colorado
Why do I use the AudioControl LGD?
The AudioControl LGD unit will allow the factory radio to believe the OEM speaker system is still connected. Without this, the OEM radio will sometimes output fluctuating audio volume levels (voltage) and in some cases no audio output at all. This is HIGHLY a recommended product when using any AudioControl LC, D series or DM product with late model vehicles.
Do’s and Don’ts:
• Do remember distortion is not your friend
• Don’t exceed 20 volts or 100 watts of input on the AC-LGD
• Do keep all wiring neat and tidy
• Don’t hide AC-LGD under the carpet or mount on the heater ducts of your vehicle
• Do remember all AudioControl products are made in the USA with products sourced from all over the world
• Don’t believe your system is as good as it can be without using AudioControl products designed and engineered in the Rain Forests of the Pacific Northwest.